Effective Date: 08/23/2022
Last Updated: 08/23/2022
Who We Are
Who is providing this notice?
What does Attain Finance do with your personal information?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. The foregoing pieces of Personal Information have been collected about our consumers in the past 12 months:
- Social Security Number, account balances, employment information and income
- Transaction history and account information
- Name, Address, including zip code
- Email address, telephone numbers, including mobile
- Date of Birth
- Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all, sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
- When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. Please note: if you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date you complete your first transaction.
How does Attain Finance collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or deposit money
- Pay your bills
- Use your debit card
We collect personal information on individuals only as allowed by law. We limit the collection of personal information to what is relevant and necessary to accomplish a lawful purpose. We collect your personal information from a variety of sources, including information provided by you and others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, other companies, and/or information we collect when you visit our Site, transaction information.
We do not collect home, business or email addresses, or account information from persons who simply browse our internet Site. The information we do automatically collect, including information collected in the past 12 months via the internet and other electronic network activity information through your interactions with our Site includes the domain name or Internet Protocol address that relates to the machine or device used to access our Site, the type of browser and operating system used, browser and search history, information regarding a consumer's interaction with an Internet Website, application or advertisement, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, the date and time when the website is visited, device ID if you are on a mobile device, and web pages displayed.
Like many websites, our Site uses “session cookies”; and “persistent cookie”; technology. Persistent cookies are small text files that our Site places within your browser so that it can remember you when you show up again later — like cookie crumbs. None of these cookies store any of your personal information. We use persistent cookies to enhance your experience on our Site while also protecting your privacy, as well as enhancing the functionality and performance of our Site, and for analytical purposes. On our site, temporary cookies, also called session cookies, may be placed within your browser and expire as soon as you exit our Site. Typically, session cookies are used to facilitate interactions between you and the fields in forms on our Site.
Managing cookie preferences differs from browser to browser. Please refer to your web browser for further information. If you would like to disable cookies from www.myoptplus.com, please use the help function in your web browser to restrict cookies from our Site.
Third Party Collection
We use data collected by mobile carriers for the purpose of verifying identity and preventing fraud. We may continue to access and use this data throughout the duration of the business relationship.
We partner with companies that deliver ads for our Services on sites that you visit on the web. In order to provide you with a more appropriate online experience, some of our ads that you may see are based on your previous online activity on our Site and other websites. Information about your online activities, combined with other information, may be used to select an ad for a product or service that better matches your interests - which is called online behavioral advertising (OBA) or interest-based advertising.
You can opt out from receiving ads based on your online behavior either by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) opt out page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. If you elect to opt out of OBA, you will still see ads, but they may not be as pertinent to you. Please keep in mind that opting out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser on which the opt-out cookie is applied. If you delete your browser cookies or if you use a different computer or a different browser and want to continue to be opted out of OBA, you will need to opt out again.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Our Site does not currently have the capability to recognize the various Do Not Track signals or mechanisms from different web browsers. For more information on Do Not Track please visit https://allaboutdnt.com.
How does Attain Finance use my personal information?Attain Finance uses your personal information for the following reasons:
- Provide you with our Service;
- Process your transactions;
- Maintain your accounts;
- Communicate with you if there is a problem completing a transaction you requested or to discuss a problem with your account;
- Implement collection activities as needed;
- Maintain regular communications with you concerning transactions you initiate;
- Maintain general communications with you about the Site and Service;
- For marketing purposes;
- Respond to court orders and legal investigations;
- Provide you with customer service and support;
- Safeguard against potential fraud;
- Protect data from unauthorized parties and comply with legal requirements;
- Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our Site;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our Site, applications, products, services and operations;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies;
- For any other purpose for which you provide consent;
- For any other legitimate business purpose.
We may de-identify and aggregate data collection through the Service and use it for any purpose.
How does Attain Finance share my personal information?
Attain Finance shares your Personal Information with affiliates, analytics providers, service providers, IT vendors, and law enforcement (if necessary).
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. Attain Finance shares your personal information with service providers and IT vendors (if necessary). In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons Attain Finance chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Does Attain Finance share?
Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||Yes|
Questions? Call 1-866-331-3063 or visit www.myoptplus.com
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your credit worthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you; we do not share with non-affiliates
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
To limit our sharing please call 1-866-331-3063.
What We Do
How does Attain Finance protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we take reasonable precautions and use security measures that comply with federal law. As examples, these measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We use encryption software to protect the security of your personal information during transmission of such information through our Site (for example, the information you provide when submitting an application for your Account). Additionally, we educate all employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy.
The Services are not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 years. Please contact us if you believe we may have unknowingly collected information about a child under 16 years of age, and we will take immediate steps to delete any such personal information.
Other Important Information
For Alaska, Illinois, Maryland and North Dakota Customers
We will not share personal information with non-affiliates either for them to market to you or for joint marketing - without your authorization, unless required by law or regulation.
For Massachusetts, Mississippi and New Jersey Customers
We will not share personal information from deposit or share relationships with non-affiliates either for them to market to you or for joint marketing - without your authorization, unless required by law or regulation.
For Vermont Customers
We will not share personal information with non-affiliates either for them to market to you or for joint marketing without your authorization, and we will not share personal information with affiliates about your creditworthiness without your authorization, unless required by law or regulation.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at:
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Attain Finance shares with our Affiliates so they can market to you.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Attain Finance may share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Attain Finance may enter into formal joint marketing agreements with others from time-to-time.